Jeju International Training Center (CIFAL Jeju) is delighted to announce the call for applications for the Workshop on Green City Planning for Sustainable Urban Development. This four-day workshop is designed to enhance the participants' knowledge and skills to build green and sustainable urban cities through appropriate policy planning. They will gain concrete ideas and strategies which can be applied to their local city contexts, considering the balance between economic, social, and environmental aspects.
The overall goal of this training is to enhance the participants’ knowledge and skills to build green and sustainable urban cities through appropriate policy planning. They will gain concrete ideas and strategies which can be applied to their local city contexts, considering the balance between economic, social and environmental aspects.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- understand the concept of green city development
- raise awareness of technologies, policies and strategies which can contribute to green city development
- identify and analyze the current situation and trends of urban development
- have concrete ideas and skills of green city planning which can be applied to their local context
Content and structure
The training will include the following: (tentative)
- Session 1. Rapid urbanization and a new model for sustainable city planning
- Session 2. Innovative technologies for green city development
- Session 3. Sustainable production, consumption and lifestyles
- Session 4. National policies and initiatives for green city development
- Session 5. Best Practice of Green City Planning
- Session 6. UNITAR’s City-Share Methodology
The training will be comprised of:
- presentations and discussions
- self-assessment exercise and group work
- UNITAR ‘City-Share methodology’
- participation in the 6th International Electric Vehicle Expo (IEVE)
- field visit
Central/local government officials and representatives from NGOs/private sectors, academic and training institutions, who are working in the field of urban planning and related areas in the Asia-Pacific region
- Event type: Workshop (A certificate will be issued at the end of the training.)
- Date and venue: 08-11 May 2019 / UNITAR CIFAL Jeju, Republic of Korea
- Host: Jeju Special Self-Governing Province
- Organizer: Jeju International Training Center (CIFAL Jeju)
- Partner: International Electric Vehicle Expo Organizing Committee
Step 1. Please fill out the Online Application Form and submit it via https://goo.gl/forms/etzG1x8NCU7IBbEl1 by 26 March 2019.
(* If you can't get access to the online application link, please contact CIFAL Jeju by email - email@example.com)
Step 2. Please download the supporting document forms attached and fill out all the info including your own signature and date on each document.
Step 3. Please send the scanned copies of the supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 March 2019.
※ Documents for Submission
0. Application Form (via https://goo.gl/forms/etzG1x8NCU7IBbEl1)
1. Letter of nomination
2. Letter of commitment
3. Acknowledgement, waiver and release of liability
4. Consent to collection, usage and disclosure of personal information
5. Curriculum vitae (CV) (in your own template)
- Application without the required documents will NOT be considered.
- Participation is subject to approval of the application by CIFAL Jeju.
- Selected applicants will be notified individually.
Assistance with travel expenses
‧ CIFAL Jeju provides LIMITED financial assistance with the airfare to Jeju-do, Republic of Korea.
‧ Local expenses (transportation, accommodation and meals) during the workshop will be covered by UNITAR CIFAL Jeju/JITC except for arrival and departure days.
‧ All other expenses (local transportation in their country, visa fee) should be covered by the participants.
- Address: CIFAL Jeju, 227-24, Jungmungwangwang-ro, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, Republic of Korea
- Phone: +82-64-735-6581
- Fax: +82-64-738-4626
- Email: email@example.com